School Visit Programme
As part of our commitment to develop public awareness of what 'greyt' pets greyhounds make, we're offering free workshops and learning opportunities to interested young people's groups, currently available for children up to the age of 12 years.
Our workshops are conducted and tailored for in classroom learning and feature one of our greyhound Ambassadogs and are offered free of charge.
- Educate children in the care and welfare of dogs
- Educate children with regards staying safe around dogs
- Encourage development of empathy for others
Methodology: What is the IRGT, what do we do?
- Tell the story of our visiting IRGT Ambassadog, their life so far and how they became an Ambassadog to showcase their fellow retired greyhounds as fabulous family companions.
- Engage children with details of what a retired greyhound needs to be happy and healthy (it's not so different to what we need), and how (just like us!) we need to brush their teeth every day!
- Chat about how fast greyhounds run and other fascinating facts about them that make them so special, and also just how much they love sleeping on the sofa!
Planning our visit:
- Email us at email@example.com with details of Date | Class size | Location
- Our team will confirm the visit and send a full learning plan
- Each student will receive a goodie pack!
It is a legal requirement that all IRGT representatives must be fully insured and Greyhound Ambassadogs are always muzzled.
A copy of our insurance is available on request.
Recent School Visit: